Welcome to Erewash Credit Union
Credit unions have been putting their members first and providing them with the financial services they need since 1964. There are now nearly 400 in Britain which together provide responsible savings and loans to over 1 million people and look after over £1 billion in assets.
Erewash Credit Union was formed in 2006 and serves over 3000 people in Southern Derbyshire.
- Credit unions work to benefit their members, helping to provide communities with affordable loans and savings products and by promoting sound money management
- Credit unions are financial co-operatives owned and controlled by their members
- They are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority
- Savings in a credit union are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, so the first £85,000 of a member’s savings is completely safe
- More than 90% of the British population can join a credit union because of where they live. Many more can join because of the industry in which they work (including the police, public transport, the postal service, NHS, local authorities and higher education)
- Credit unions exist in over 100 countries around the world. Over 200 million people are served by 56,000 credit unions and the sector looks after over $1.7 trillion in assets.
To find out more about Erewash Credit Union and the services we provide please go to the about us page.